- Any two types of millet – 1/2 cup(each)
- Toor dal – 1/4 cup
- Chana dal – 1/4 cup
- Moong dal – 1 tbsp
- Urad dal -1 tbsp
- Red chillies – 4
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp(optional)
- Small Onion – 1/4 cup chopped finely
- Curry Leaves – few torn into pieces
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Take all the ingredients listed under ‘to soak’ in a mixing bowl, soak it in water till immersing level.Soak for atleast 3-4 hrs.Drain water and set aside.
- Take red chillies and fennel seeds in a mixer, add little of mixed millet mixture and grind it to a coarse mixture.
- Now add remaining dals and grind it a semi coarse mixture. Add little water and Mix well. Add chopped onion, coriander leaves and required salt. The batter should be slightly runny in between idli and dosa batter consistency.
- Heat the dosa pan,grease with little oil, pour a ladleful of batter and spread it evenly a bit thick.Drizzle oil over the sides and let it cook, flip over other side and cook till golden brown and crisp at the edges.
- Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.