Cake Recipe with Chocolate sauce.
- Whole Wheat Flour- 1 cup
- Finger millet/ragi flour-1/2 cup
- Powdered Brown Sugar-1 cup or white sugar-3/4cup
- Baking Soda-3/4 tsp
- Cocoa powder -2 tbsp
- Salt -a pinch
- Thick yogurt-3/4 cup
- Milk -1/4 cup +2 tbsp
- Any flavorless oil -1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
- Honey-2 tsp
- Walnuts toasted and chopped- 1/2 cup (optional)
For the Chocolate Sauce
- Milk-2 cups
- Sugar-4-5 tbsp
- Cocoa powder-4 tbsp
- Butter- 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence- 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C for 15 minutes.
- Grease and dust the baking pan or grease and line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- Sieve together ragi flour, wheat flour,baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- Keep the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients ready.
- Dry ingredients – Sieved ragi flour+ wheat flour+ coco powder+ baking soda+ salt and powdered sugar.
- Wet ingredients – Yogurt+ honey, oil, milk and vanilla essence.
- Now mix the powder sugar with the flour.
- Mix the milk, vanilla essence and oil to the yogurt+ honey mixture.
- Now mix the wet ingredient with the dry ingredients until well combined. Do not
- overmix. If using chopped walnuts, dust it with a little flour and mix it gently with the batter.
- Pour it in a greased baking tin and tap the pan slightly so that the mixture settles evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heat oven at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once done, let it remain in the oven for 5-6 minutes. Then remove the cake tin from the oven and transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool.
- Now let us prepare chocolate sauce
- Mix together milk, 4 tbsp cocoa powder and sugar well. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- Now cook the mixture on medium heat until it starts boiling. Once it starts boiling,
- reduce the heat and cook stirring the mixture continuously until it starts thickening and reaches a sauce like consistency.
- Turn off the heat, add butter and vanilla essence to the mixture. Stir well and let it cool completely.
- Once the cake cools completely, pour the chocolate sauce over the cake.