- Multigrain flour/Whole wheat flour – 1/3 cup
- Finger millet flour/Ragi flour – 1/3 cup
- All purpose flour/maida – 1/3 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Baking powder – 3/4 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1/3 cup (any flavorless vegetable oil)
- Curd/Plain yogurt – 1/3 cup
- Milk – 1/3 cup (at room temperature)
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Powder sugar and keep it aside.
- Sieve all dry ingredients except sugar twice (ragi flour + multigrain flour + all purpose
- flour + baking soda + baking powder + salt) and keep it ready.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
- Grease and line a muffin or cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Beat milk, curd and sugar until frothy.
- Add oil and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, vanilla essence and mix/fold until well combined. You can use a wire whisk or spatula for this.
- Fill the muffin cup with the batter until 3/4 th full. Top it with chopped nuts if preferred.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 25-30 minute or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Enjoy it warm from the oven as such or you can frost it if you prefer.These multi grain cupcakes are very soft, spongy and delicious.We enjoyed it as such without any frosting.
Storage – Keep it in an airtight container. Stays good for a day or two at room temperature. After that you have to refrigerate it.