- Any Millet – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery – 3/4 cup(crushed)
- Boiled & Cooled Milk – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1.5 tsp
- Cashews – 1 tbsp broken
- Elachi powder – a tiny pinch
- In a tsp of ghee roast thinai till nice aroma wafts and the color changes slightly.Now add water and let it cook till it turns soft.While thinai cooks roast the cashews 1/2 tsp ghee and set aside.
- Powder jaggery….I used my hand mortar and pestle for this.Measure 1 cup and transfer it to a mixing bowl.Add water to it.Mash it up well, I used my potato masher for this.Strain to remove impurities.
- Heat it up to melt it and boil in medium flame for 3mins until frothy and slightly thick.In low medium flame,add cooked thinai and stir well to avoid lumps.Cook for 3mins, Keep stirring.Now add elachi powder.
- Add milk and keep stirring continuously.One it all combines together, add roasted cashews give a quick mix and switch off. Serve hot / warm.